Posted by admin on 28 October, 2010
After 19 years from its inception as a project of the Foundation for Development Cooperation in 1991, the Banking With The Poor Network has formally been incorporated in Singapore, which took effect on 20 October 2010. This historical event was made possible during the signing ceremony of its incorporation by its Executive Committee in Colombo, Sri Lanka on 12 October 2010.
Click here to view photos during the signing ceremony.
The following Executive Committee members are:
1. Mr. Chandula Abeywickrema, (Chairman) Deputy General Manager – Personal Banking, Hatton National Bank, Sri Lanka,
2. Mr. Ruben C. de Lara, Executive Director, TSPI Development Corporation, Philippines
3. Mr. Nimal Mamaduwa, General Manager/CEO – SANASA Development Bank, Sri Lanka
4. Mrs. Syeda Obaida Haque, Program Senior Director, Shakti Foundation for Disadvantaged Women, Bangladesh
5. Md. Abdul Awal, Executive Director, Credit and Development Forum, Bangladesh
6. Mr. Nhan Phan Cu, Director of International Co-operation Department , Vietnam Bank for Social Policies, Vietnam
7. Mr. Craig Wilson, Executive Director, The Foundation for Development Cooperation, Australia